As a renowned manufacturer of innovative plastic products for pets, we are constantly striving to develop new and innovative products that are both functional and design led.
We live in a fast-paced society and pet owners are always on the lookout for new products to suit their dynamic lifestyles. We are CREATING these innovative products for our beloved pets in order to contribute to their well-being, safety & happiness.
As a manufacturer we strongly believe in design, creating SMART products for our pet's and your own requirements. We are continuously investing in state-of-the-art equipment to assure that all the benefits of our PLASTIC are maximized. Our raw materials are non-toxic, strong, durable and easily recycled. Our finished food approved and dishwasher safe products are safe and easy to use.
Moderna Products is all about making pets and their owners HAPPY. At the same time we make it our mission to empower our employees in Europe as well as in the USA, resulting in a proud and happy workforce.
With all of the above in mind, it's obvious that making our beloved PETS happy is at the center of our attention! We aim to be a global leader in creating, producing and distributing well designed plastics for the pet industry.
We have been around for a while...
We have relocated to the Zuidkaai in Izegem, Belgium where we now have a new and modern headquarters. The site includes an office building and production halls, as well as a 40-meter highbay warehouse. "We are ready for the future." Moderna is still 100 percent family owned business in her third generation. Yes, we are on a mission and still going strong... Creating smart plastics for happy pets!
Move to a brand new HQ in Izegem, Belgium. We now have 33 machines in our new large production hall out of a potential capacity of 59!
Start-up of the second production facility Moderna Products America in Gaffney, SC!
Winner of the Belgian SME Award.
World premiere of the
first decorated cat litter box!
Launch of the first two-component polymer products: Smarty Bowl.
3rd generation Mrs. Chantal Saelen and Mr. Bart Bonte are taking over the baton.
Major investments in
2nd generation, Mr. Jos Saelen and Mrs. Monique Saelen decide to focus on plastic pet products.
The iconic year in which our founder, Mr. Gabriel Saelen decided to start a button factory in the backyard of his house.
Moderna Products Belgium
Moderna Products America
Proud... of our corporate values
As a manufacturer we strongly believe that diversity brings beauty and strength. That is why we are approaching the differences in cultures, styles of trading, people and pets with the utmost respect. We are so grateful for the daily gift of nature. That is why we are striving to go as green as possible in our production process.
Though we are one of the leading companies in our market, and continuously growing, it is safe to say that we have already earned our credits on the level of being a reliable company and business partner. We want to remain that partner you can rely on for bringing quality products who are meeting the demands of consumers' ever changing lifestyles.
At Moderna, both executives and employees are truly owning the responsibility for our business success. Moderna products are made by highly motivated and skilled people, both in the USA as in Belgium. We make it our mission to empower them and are truly grateful for such a lively and dynamic team. Yes, teamwork really makes the dream work!
At Moderna we are focused on one single thing: to keep on creating smart plastics for happy pets. In order to achieve that, we have to make decisions everyday about raw materials, designs, sales, distribution etc. And whilst this may seem like a huge task. Staying focused helps making those decisions a lot easier.
We have a passion for our products. So it is obvious that at Moderna, not every good idea makes it. We only want to serve you premium quality and are driven to reach that goal on a daily basis. Next to this, our sales team is strongly committed to our partners. The appreciation we get in return is priceless.
Our Ethical Policy Statement
Connecting with our values
22-10 Welcome to the Innovation Wall.Reliable & Respect are two of Moderna Products 5 core values. Therefore Moderna Products and its employees will at all times demonstrate the highest levels of integrity, truthfulness, and honesty in order to uphold both personal and corporate reputations and to inspire confidence and trust in their respective actions. The company will conduct its business in a competent, fair and efficient manner.
- To act fairly, honestly and with integrity at all times and in everything that we do, and to comply with all applicable laws.
- To treat our employees, clients, contractors and suppliers and other stakeholders fairly and with respect.
- To create a high-quality, equal opportunity working environment for all our employees, based on merit and free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- To respect human right and the ETI Base Code.
- To maintain accurate and complete books and records and uphold our system of internal controls.
- To earn the trust of all our stakeholders by acting consistently and reliably in accordance with this Ethics Policy Statement.
- Not to allow bribery and corrupt practices.
- Not to allow child labour.
- To provide a safe and healthy working environment for all of its employees.
Listing of the human rights (source) = https://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/
Listing of the ETI Base Code (source) = https://www.ethicaltrade.org/eti-base-code
Source = https://werk.belgie.be/nl/themas/arbeidsreglementering/kinderarbeid
Our Environmental Policy Statement
Connecting with our planet
At Moderna, we strongly believe that protecting the environment is a key pillar of our long-term success and have embedded this belief in our corporate strategy and policy. A good partnership and open communication are essential to achieve our mutual goal: Minimize our impact on the local and global environment. Therefore, we continuously work on:
- Complying with all applicable environmental legislation and sustainability commitments:
- Preventing pollution and reducing consumption of resources through waste management strategies based on 4 R’s: Re-educate, Re-duce, Re-use and Re-cycle.
- Ensuring our staff is aware of the environmental impacts of their work activities and encourage them through regular awareness to minimise those impacts.
- Continuing to invest in technologies that provide alternatives to reduce environmental impact.
- Creating innovative products and improve our processes to reduce the ecological footprint
This policy will be reviewed, and if necessary revised, annually to keep it up to date.